Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Is it possible?

I just read an article about CFS possibly being caused by a retrovirus. In an article about chronic fatigue syndrome and XMRV published in the Oct. 8, 2009 issue of Science Express,a group of researchers show that 67% of people diagnosed with CFS also have the XMRV virus. XMRV Link to CFS Accelerates Scientific Inquiry There are a lot of retroviruses out there and I am sure that they will find more disorders caused by these viruses in the future. There are a lot of conflicting articles out there and this reminds me a lot of all the research flying around in the early 80's when HIV and Aides was first identified. I think that there will a lot more research done especially since federal funding is opening up for researchers of the retroviruses.

Boy I am glad I did my microbiology courses before all of these were found! I probably would have failed Micro and never made it to being a nurse or decided with all this nastiness around I didn't want to be a nurse.

No comments: