Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Apologies

I meant to update this blog more frequently but I seem to be failing on that aspect right now! I won't promise to blog more often but...lets take it one day at a time so to speak.

I am not feeling really hot right now! I don't know why or what the cause is but I feel like I have been run over by a Mac truck. Probably all about this damn disorder/syndrome/or whatever you want to call it but my head is foggy and I can't seem to concentrate or remember well today. I fell again getting out of bed so I need to remember to do the exercises to get my muscles ready to hold my body and speaking of body!! My body hurts ALL over today and it feels like I have a bad case of the flu. I can't seem to stay normal temp either because I am either hot or cold. Not that the temp issue is anything new cause that has been going on for years. I lack any umph! I hurt too bad when I lay down, I hurt when I sit up and getting up or down is an issue. I am tempted to take a pill and go to bed and just stay there.

Has anyone been following the discussion on Research 1st regarding ME vs CFS? I have to agree that CFS has bad connotations now cause there isn't a definitive diagnosis that goes with it. It sounds better when you say myalgic encephalomyelitis instead of chronic fatigue syndrome! A friend told me that CFS sounds like someone is just lazy rather then having a real disease like the -itis gives to ME! I hadn't thought of it that way but it does sound more legitimate doesn't it.

Has anyone read the Research 1st analysis of the criteria to be diagnosed with CFS/ME?
International Consensus Criteria Published for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis K. Kimberly McCleary, President and CEO of Research 1st talks about the recent publication of criteria defining CFS/ME. This is a graph of the new criteria overview that was presented in the article and is to be used for diagnosis of the disorder.
Go check it out! The original article titled Myalgic encephalomyelitis: International Concensus Criteria was published in Journal of Internal Medicine
Volume 270, Issue 4, pages 327–338, October 2011 and is available at the link for anyone to read. It wasn't hard to understand and cleared up a few issues for me.

1 comment:

Dara Lynn said...

Thanks Vickie for posting this article. It was extremely informative!