Monday, April 14, 2014

Day 8

Woke up today to the sound of the wind howling across the plains.  The sky is a little murky with all the dirt and dust being transported in from West Texas and western Oklahoma.  It was a quiet Sunday on the Doswell home front...I spent some of the day outside doing some of the endless projects of taking care of the pool, picking up and putting away etc....etc...etc...sounds like  stuck record and feels like one some days.   I hadn't been outside very long when the wind really kicked in strong from the north and a frontal passage of cold air blew into town.  I heard something go bump across the deck earlier in the day and when I went outside I found various and sundry items ie: lawn chairs, buckets etc. in the pool.  Thanks to Michael and Heather most of the leaves and debris that were in the bottom had been netted out and the pool is operational already this year. The pool is really looking clear and I plan on vacuuming it sometime this week after the cold front rolls on through!  It will probably be another complete month before it will be warm enough to get in the water!  Brrrr... 

I planted a few of the onion, broccoli, cauliflower, and cabbage plants I bought last week.  Chuck says he thinks it is a little late in the year for Oklahoma planting of these items but I planted them none the less and hopefully they will do something.  I also put together my herb garden planter that I saw on DIY at Home Depot.

I bought the pots and plants at Lowe's and I am planning on planting some seeds in the top 2 pots.  Okay you asked why did I steal Home Depot's ideas and go to Lowe's to get the things I needed?  Well I just found out that Home Depot is a misogynistic organization that has all sorts of philosophies that go against what I believe. I have heard that they don't believe in equal rights for women, they are racists and racially inappropriate at times, and don't support the US troops.  I also have heard that they are pro LGBT rights so I am clueless as to what to believe about Home Depot.  Anyone with any thoughts on this?

I ended my day going over to Heathers house to take care of the critters while they are out of town.  I love my grand-bird and grand-kittehs!  The grand-dogs have been boarded because they need more care then I can give them and I think that Heather and Michael are worried that a 60# dog might knock me down or harm me in someway.....While at Heathers I managed to watch Game of Thrones....NOW can you believe in Karma!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi my name is Katie DeLeon. May I suggest you try our greens. I work for a company called It Works Global. They have amazing products. Check out my website if you would like. You won't be disappointed. www.wraps4everyone.org Or you can call me at 713-851-7582

Unknown said...

Hello, my name is Ken McKim.

My wife has Crohn's disease, and there's some pending legal action in Washington DC that is going to affect her, and everyone who suffers from a so-called "invisible illness."

I've created a petition that asks the White House to direct the DEA to not reclassify medicines containing hydrocodone to Schedule II from Schedule III, thus making them harder to access for millions of chronically ill people.

I have also made a companion-video to the petition that explains my reasons for doing this entitled "The Slow Death of Compassion for the Chronically Ill." If you wouldn't mind reviewing it and sharing it with your friends if you feel it's appropriate to do so, it would be appreciated. We have less than 30 days now to get the minimum 100,000 signatures on the petition, and getting the word out is the biggest challenge.

Petition Link:
http://wh.gov/lGnus

Here's the link to the video of my talk:
http://youtu.be/6UyPlF66KME

Thank you for letting me share here with you, and take care.

Saralyn said...

Great blog! Excited to be your newest follower! Just started my own fibromyalgia blog :)

http://friedpicklesblog.blogspot.com/