Sunday, February 6, 2011

Okienurse's Fibromyalgia Blog: 02/05/2011

My day started off great today and then deteriorated. Took me almost 5 hours to grocery shop today and I almost gave it up and called my daughter to come get me. I could have called my husband but I don't know if he could have gotten his low slung car out of the drive.

I got up about 11:30 and felt pretty good. I had an achiness and 'itchiness' on my back that seems to come and go. I am attributing the achiness to the Fibro and the itchiness to dry skin. My husband tried some of his cream for itchiness on my back a couple days ago but it didn't work. It may be neuro!

About 4:30 I decided I needed to run to the store and pick up a few things that I hadn't purchased when Heather and I went to the store a couple days ago and ended up on a wild goose chase around town. Thank god I have a freezer full of stuff cause the four stores I went to sure didn't. I went to 2 Homelands and 2 WalMarts and neither one had a dozen eggs. I finally bought a quart of egg whites and I am hoping that will last until the trucks can make it through the snow. Egg whites aren't bad for cooking in recipes but I know the difference when I make an omelet or scrambled eggs. I couldn't find any store with any ground beef at all. I did see a package of the 96/4 at Walmart but they wanted $4 a pound for it. There was no ground turkey or chicken anyplace either. I found the whole experience stressful and ended up having more pain and memory issues with the third place I went.

One of the good things/bad things that happened in my journeys was that I saw and spoke with a lot of people I hadn't seen in a long, long, long time. I stood and talked with a nurse I used to work with...Hi Lenora!...and swapped lies about what we are doing now. I spent over an hour talking with my nephew and his girlfriend and really tired myself out cause I spent the whole time standing rather than sitting down to talk.

I got home about 10 pm and Chuck helped me carry stuff in to the house and I fixed me something to eat...I didn't eat the whole day...I just forgot. That is an issue I have too...if I get really tired I get forgetful and I forget everything. I forget to eat a lot and have been losing a half of a pound here and there. Not complaining mind you but my blood sugar drops and I get more confused then! I also had a migraine to go with it. It started about 7:30...second store...and lasted till I went to bed last night.A new problem today was what I am sure is a dry eye issue. I began having blurred vision, eyes began itching, I couldn't focus even with the glasses on and if I tried to read a label I would get watery eyes. Something new every day around here.

I went to bed early...about 12:30 and didn't get up until 10am. I feel really tired and grouchy today. I am suppose to go to two different Super Bowl Parties but I really just want to go back to bed. I don't know how being around people and noise are going to effect the headache that is starting up. I am going to take some Ibuprofen and see if it helps. My pain scale rating for yesterday is a 4-5/90% of the day.

Reading over this post I think I sound like a whiner and I don't mean to come across that way. I used to have an exceptionally high pain tolerance but now I seem to hurt and whine a lot! Sorry if you stumble on this site but it is a learning experience for me.

No comments: