My last post on June 23 was just 3 days away from my back surgery... I had been having worsening symptoms of low back pain and inability to walk or get around well on my own. That is an understatement to tell the truth! I had grade 1 spondylolisthesis where the vertebrae and disc's are slipping. What were my symptoms?
- Back pain that shot down both cheeks of my butt
- The pain radiated to the outside of my thighs and down my legs.
- Both legs would start to ache and feel so weak if I did most any activity. Walking around Walmart or even cooking dinner would cause them to ache and my toes in my right foot would go to sleep. What was funny was the achiness would settle on the tops of my feet not the bottom and I thought it was the sandals I would wear causing it.
- I had so much trouble walking I tended not to go to any stores without the mobility carts to shop. I started walking with a cane to help me balance.
- I would fall around a lot. I fell on Christmas Day 2015 and broke my left knee, hurt my back, and hip.
- I had trouble sitting for any length of time cause my low back would hurt and if I tried to bend over I had shooting pains in my back and legs.
- I was one of the lucky ones that had problems with incontinence. I had gone to a urologist and paid megabucks for tests.
- I became depressed and started going to a psych/talk therapist at my daughters urging.
|You don't have to look too close to see the slippage!|
|Side view of hardware and new discs...I have titanium screws!|
|frontal view post op|
|My Cheering squad in the waiting room!|
|me post op|
|My incision. I can't even tell looking in a mirror now. Impressive considering all the work!|