Sunday, February 12, 2012

I am so tired!! Did I just say that?

Wait a minute! I thought that was a given with this disorder...I thought since we were always tired that everyone should know that and let us go home and go to bed!...what? I am suppose to have a social life and interact...

I went out with my daughter yesterday to an event called An Affair of the Heart in Oklahoma City at the fair grounds. The Affair of the Heart was started in 1985 as a one building one day show to a 7 building 3 day show in Oklahoma City and they are now having it in Tulsa twice a year. The show used to be all about crafting and art stuff that was handmade and the products to create crafts/art but over the years has changed. I wanted to go this year cause I haven't been able to go the past few years and I felt good...what did I say?...so we decided to go. The show was horrible. Mostly made in China style junk home decor and clothing items. Nothing like what it was years ago. I did really well but unfortunately, over did it and I have been hurting a lot today and went out and over did again!

I just got home and it is 1:30 in the morning. I went to a Valentines Day crop at my local scrapbook store and had a blast. I slept in till 2pm cause I knew that it would be a long day and I should have turned down the invitation to go to IHOP after the crop but friends were going that I hadn't seen in a while and a cup of coffee sounded so good... Tomorrow will be payback time. I know if I go to bed now I won't sleep cause my legs and head hurt so I am waiting for my Ibuprofen and Lortab to kick in so I will be able to be half way comfortable.

Tomorrow? I am expected to be at a Valentines Party at 1pm tomorrow/today so I better get to bed so I can be up at a decent hour. I know better then to push myself like this but I tell myself I deserve a halfway normal life but...One day at a time. Who knows come Monday I will be okay and not have a bad day. I keep pushing myself and testing the limits when I know that most likely it will just be a repeat of the last time when I thought I was normal...

Normal? Not me! I never have been so why do I think I should be special now? More tomorrow!

1 comment:

505whimsygirl said...

It isn't fun, is it. I know exactly what you mean about overdoing it. It's tough. I have lots of health issues and I have learned that I don't push myself. If I wake up and feel as though I shouldn't do things then I don't. It's hard though, when you have these great plans with friends - you know you'll have fun and don't want to miss out. Just know that the next day may start off slower than usual.

I'll have to go back and read some of your other posts.

My fibro story - was diagnosed in 1992, the year after my mom died. I have a feeling that the stress triggered it. Last year I was diagnosed with SLE Lupus with kidney nephritis. That Doctor told me that I probably had Lupus since 1992 and was mis-diagnosed..... and finally had a real bad flare up.

Take care of yourself - okienurse.

Hugs,
Kay