Flu symptoms include:
- A 100oF or higher fever or feeling feverish (not everyone with the flu has a fever)
- A cough and/or sore throat
- A runny or stuffy nose
- Headaches and/or body aches
- Nausea, vomiting, and/or diarrhea (most common in children)
Some tips on what to do if you get the flu...or something like it.
- Drink lots of fluids. Keep hydrated cause it helps to flush the toxins out and you will feel better for it. I drink a Wellness tea from Celestial Seasonings Tea Co. that has echinacea in that is suppose to support and help your immune system. I swear by it as does the rest of my friends and family and quite a few think it has helped them get better faster.
- Watch your urine output. If it goes from pale yellow (like butter) to a darker yellow you aren't drinking enough.
- Eat lighter meals but stay away from heavy foods. Chicken soup does have healing properties cause it is protein and water...try crackers, cheese, fruit etc. I get absolutely nauseous thinking about eating beef or heavier sauced foods when I am sick.
- Get plenty of rest
- I take an Ibuprofen or Tylenol when my temp goes over 101degees...not before. Don't knock out your bodies defense system. I take a decongestant for the snotty nose and eat cough drops for the sore throat and cough.
- If my symptoms persist I guarantee you I will go see a doctor.