Saturday, January 29, 2011

Okienurse's Fibromyalgia Blog: My first fibromyalgia blog post January 29, 2011

Hi my name is Vickie, I am 58 years old, and I have Fibromyalgia! I don't like the diagnosis but in the past two years I have had hundreds of tests run and nothing seems to be showing up on xray, MRI, lab or whatever. I have gone through round of PT and it feels good while doing it but the minute I am off the table I hurt again. I started having problems a couple of years ago but everyone kept telling me it was my back or my this or my that. I can remember the first time I had these type of symptoms was in 1992 and I went to the doctor and they told me I had Lyme's Disease and I was treated for that and I seemed to be fine until 1994 when I had my hysterectomy and spent the next year in hell. Since then my symptoms come and go but these past two years they haven't gone away and seem to have decided to stay this time.

My main symptoms seem to be a pain that never goes away. I can take pain medication and the pain is just dulled. I hurt in my neck, back, upper and lower, even my chest wall/ribs hurt and it sometimes hurts to breathe. My legs and hips hurt all the time and I have an icy hot tingling in my toes on the right foot and the soles of both feet. My doctor says I have some osteoarthritis in my knees. I don't sleep well either night or day so I am absolutely fatigued every morning when I wake up. I have restless leg syndrome where my legs just won't stay still and they will bother me so much that I roll around in bed all night trying to get comfortable even taking sleeping pills. I have stomach problems and a lot of foods bother me. I have hypothyroid disease, IBS, GERD, and take medications for that. My doctor has prescribed a bunch of medications for me but some of them are so expensive I don't know if I will be able to afford them if I can't go back to work. I am having a lot of fibro fog right now and have trouble remembering things and recalling what people tell me just a few minutes ago. This whole disorder is a bummer and I tend to stay depressed a good deal of the time.

SO you say why are you blogging this. Well I am hoping that maybe I can make sense out of this stuff and maybe someone else will surf in to the blog that has FM and can help me or maybe I can help them. This is really a lonely bummer disorder because you can't prove you have anything wrong and I feel like people think I am a fake sometimes. Anyhow this is what I am up to and I am going to try and blog every day and see what comes of it.

No comments: