Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Weight Watchers Weighin 4-16-2012


Yesterday was weigh-in day at Weight Watchers. The lecture was about produce power and adding color to my meal plans. Judy (the leader) showed us examples of food dishes that looked really bland and unappetizing, ie: baked potato with a steak, nothing on either or a piece of toast and a scrambled egg. The group addressed the issue of what could make the food tastier and have more eye appeal. I am a visual person and even though I would eat the food as is if it was dressed up a bit it would not only look better in my opinion it would taste better. I put red and yellow peppers and onions on my steak, salsa on my potato. Doctoring up the eggs and toast was easy too...everyone eats salsa on everything around here...;-)

I was pleased with the lecture and the interaction with the others in the group. One man has lost 71# over the past year and he was so exuberant sharing his tips that got him into what he calls the "winner circle." Oh yeah! I got rid of -2.8# last week by just watching what I ate and following the plan. Not a single hungry day but did have a couple days where chocolate was calling to me to come hither! I had some leftover Cadbury Easter candies (hard shell chocolate eggs) and I ate a couple and was fine afterwards.

They say it takes 21 days to detoxify your body and get rid of old habits and build new...do you believe that? Maybe the detoxification but my brain will always cling to the old ways so I am taking this one day at a time. This week wasn't so bad so I am looking forward to the next week knowing that the more I do it the easier it will become.

No comments: