Saturday, November 3, 2012

Week Three....done!


It has been a good week but I think I may have  over done it several days cause today I am really achy all over and a more than generalized listlessness going on.  I just couldn't seem to get out of bed then I just can't seem to get my butt out of whatever chair it is parked in...

How do I define over doing?  Well I usually make a quick run to one store if I have to shop for groceries or whatever and I try not to do more then one store when I get out.  It just takes too much out of me to do that and shopping has become a real pain in the butt...literally!  I do a lot of online shopping now if possible to conserve energy for those things I can't buy in an online way.  Several days last week I was up late because I couldn't sleep and when I did go to bed and didn't sleep well because of external noises.  The City of Norman decided to put in a new water line behind my house and all the heavy equipment with their safety beeping noises went on all week.  The lawn care guys showed up and OMG! how loud can a lawnmower and blower be?  I have been having more light and noise sensitivity this week and I am unsure what is the cause of that!  If you have fibromyalgia and CFS it doesn't take much to throw you into a flare up and I think I am just going to relax this weekend and try again next week doing some things I want to do and pace myself while doing them.  

Found a new to me store in Norman called Natural Grocer's that is like what we used to call a health food store.  It has a full line of everything you would find in a regular grocery except it is 'natural, organic, healthy' for you.   Have you every had a craving for something you can't have?  Well I was that way on Thursday wanting store bought bread so I went to Natural Grocers and they were having a sale on their Udi's bread so I bought a couple loaves of their multigrain and cinnamon raisin bread.  The clerk told me she thinks they are better then regular bread!    I also picked up some frozen pasta dinners like mac and cheese and spaghetti to have for supper this week.  Amy's Kitchen food brand has all sorts of foods for the Gluten Free diet and I think that Natural Grocer's carries them all!  I tried the rice macaroni and cheese that is diary free and it was so thick and creamy...OMG!  I didn't know it was dairy free! 

$7.99 on iTunes
$3.99 on iTunes

Went to supper last night at Coach's with a bunch of friends and Robin turned me on to a couple really cool iPhone app called "Is That Gluten Free?"  and the eating out program called "Is That Gluten Free? Eating Out"  Both Programs have a lot of really useful information about foods I can and can't have.


The Is That Gluten Free program has the foods organized several different ways, by category, brand, and an ingredients section that lists ingredients on packages of prepared products so that if you aren't sure what it is you can look it up.   The Is that Gluten Freen Eating Out guide has the foods divided up by restaurant and tells you what you can have and can't have on the menu.  If the food contains a gluten item ie hamburger then it tells you how to order it without the gluten component.  I think I am going to find this a really helpful took in my gluten free journey.

Okay I am off to fix some lunch.  Made myself hungry writing this.  More later!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Know how you are feeling. I have had a busy week and only just recovering from an IBS flare, which means that I am only able to cope with small meals. My waistline is benefitting, and surprisingly I am not any more hungry, but not sure if it affects my energy levels. Hubby has been out most of the day on his mountain bike, and I have ended up spending hours on the computer trying to sort out our annual winter holiday (end of this month for 10 days). Still not booked anything and feeling that it was a wasted morning. Oh well, will go and get my small plate of food for lunch, and then perhaps get more done this afternoon. Ali x