Monday, April 7, 2014

Day 2 of the blogalong challenge

I came online and found that I hadn't hit publish on my post from yesterday...well I did but then I saw some mistakes and I hadn't hit spell checker before publishing so I didn't hit update to publish the post so there really aren't two posts in one day...just a corrected one and the one that is suppose to be Day Two.

I have been giving this project some thought.  I have contacted, well left a message with my friend Pam about getting some help with pain management.  I think that the past 4 years have taken their toll on my body.  I don't sleep well, I am always in pain on a daily basis, I am really frustrated with my memory issues and I am not coping with stress at all well!  I have effected changes in my diet to help ensure I have a balanced and nourishing meal plan.  I have been lusting after pancakes recently and even the gluten free pancakes aren't pushing the desires away.  I know if I eat gluten I will have abdominal pain, gas and bloating, not to mention the diarrhea, headaches, all over pain aches and body pain but I still want to go to I-Hop and have a big plate of them!  I know they aren't good for me but lusting I am.  So far I have been able to hold off the demon but I still am wanting them badly.

Secondly I contacted a therapist/counselor that deals in women's issues, addiction, chronic relapse, self esteem issues, depression etc.  All of which I think I qualify for.  I am hoping that she gets back to me soon so that I can set up an appointment and get on with this because I am not foolish enough to think that I am going to change on my own but I am not going to think that my family is going to help me change either.  I have all sorts of hateful hurtful thoughts regarding that and I think that it would be best to keep them out of this mess as best as I can.  I got a call back from the counselor and I will be going in to see her at 2:45 on Wednesday of this week.  The counselor is an ex-RN so I feel we will connect on one point anyway.   So one appointment made now waiting on Pam to get back to me on setting up an appointment.

I also have an appointment at 10:30 on Thursday with the rheumatologist  Dr. Sanobar Malik.  I really like Dr. Malik cause she doesn't treat my pain issues as being somatic and rule them out as being all in my head.  I would recommend her to anyone who has pain issues cause she is awesome.
So one appointment made now waiting on Pam to get back to me.

I am really not a sexist but I have recently turned towards women healers more then men...with the exception of Dr. Merrill my internal medical physician.  Dr. Merrill is one of the best diagnosticians I have encountered in my career and he is as tenacious as a bull dog when it comes to searching out the cause of your problems.   I think the reason I have more women on my team is that I relate to them and they are more in tune with women's issues.

I think I will get started on some gardening this afternoon.  I bought some plants, broccoli, cauliflower, and cabbage that need to get in the ground.  I don't know if they stand a chance this late in the year in Oklahoma but I am going to give it a try and see what they do.  I love to garden...always have...and the new gardening beds make it a lot easier for me to enjoy the process without causing me more physical issues.

Looking at taco salad for supper...Yum homemade taco salad is hands down good eats!

Day two done. 

No comments: