Thursday, June 8, 2017

I just read an article on Spine Universe that says Fibromyalgia is a real disease...hmmm...I could have told them that!  The article titled

Fibromyalgia Study: It's a Real Disease

The article talks about research being done by Dr. Guedj of the Centre Hospitalier-Universitare de la Timone in Marsaille France.  Dr. Guedj was the lead researcher in a study examine blood perfusion (abnormal blood flow) as possibly being the cause of fibromyalgia!  I am really excited about this because if proven positively they will start researching why there is abnormal blood flow and we will get to the bottom of the cause of fibromyalgia.  

Right now Fibro and all its pain is merely a syndrome and not considered a real disease and I can tell you from personal experience it can cause all sorts of havoc in your life being "not real!"  What kind of problems...well if I go to the ER I feel I get treated different with the diagnosis.  I definitely have fibromyalgia cause I participated in a study where they drew lab and I was 100% positive...some were only 80% or less.  The lab is only available for research purposes right now but hopefully will be out on the market in the future.  

My proof I get treated different comes from years as working as an ER nurse.  I went in with Chest Pain and when the triage nurse found out I had fibromyalgia I was given a seat in the waiting room and not put on a monitor or taken taken to an exam room.  If I had not had that diagnosis on my chart  I would have been treated much differently and would have been taken to the back immediately!  Fibromyalgia patients are considered drug seekers and treated much differently... I actually was told I needed to lose weight and exercise more and my pain would go away! Well...doctor...I don't think so!  

Anyway read the article...it is a possible reason for Fibro and still under research!  








No comments: