Sunday, October 21, 2018

the start of my week was like!

Talking to some friends over this past week and thought I would add a few remarks here....first a favorite meme of mine BUT it doesn't say it all just a bit of what life it with fibromyalgia then add in the other autoimmune problems I have.

Can't remember where I picked this up so I can't give credit where it is due but this is me on a good day of late.

I had an interesting week with 4 doctors appointments and very little else.  I saw the pain management doctor on Tuesday and Friday about my failed back.  I had my back surgery over a year ago and it still is deteriorating from day to day.  I am trying these injections in hopes of prolonging having to have the surgery again.  I tried the shots before surgery and they didn't work so I am not expecting much.  They already have tried two types facet and some spine stem shot that did nothing but make me pee my pants which the pain management doc things is funny.   Anyway I went back Friday and had 4 shots either side of my spinal column.  1 steroid, 1 marcaine each side.  Kinda worked and today my low back feels better then it has in months.  When you add the 18 pressure points and pain from fibromyalgia in with the back surgery I am miserable at times.  I can't even stand clothes on my body.

The second appointment was with my talk therapist Debbie.  We discuss all sorts of things in our sessions.  I started going to see her just over 2 years ago.  My daughter and my internal medicine doctor thought that I really needed it especially after some drugs for my fibromyalgia symptoms and depression caused me issues.  I take a cup of coffee and go talk for an hour and in the 2 years I have found out a lot of stuff about myself....for example I have PTSD that was related to my childhood and work.  My depression is because of my pain and life change issues...I mean hell fire I am 66 years old and expected to be able to live the good life not one of pain.

The last appointment was with the urologist!  I need to have surgery for that he says but I keep putting him off.  He started me on a different kind of pee pill this week and I think I am already going to quit taking it.  Makes my head more fuzzy!






I did get out to Monday Night Pint Night at McNellies and had a decent beer.  I know not allow will Celiac but you know you got to cheat somewhere and it doesn't cause me much of a problem if any.  I just drink one and then switch to ciders or the stronger stuff like a Bloody Mary!!  It is good fun and a diversion with friends.









I went and had coffee with friends and talked out our latest health issues.  One coffee date with Sharron we managed to settle a bunch of world issues.  Sharron had a brain tumor removed last year, a nasal surgery that has developed 4 types of staph.  We sit far apart.  What is sad is the way the doctors are treating her even though she has provable issues with X-ray and labs.  Like I told her I think it has to do with her autoimmune disorders cluttering up their brains.  Sharron's daughter is a juvenile onset of Fibro and other autoimmune issues.  SO we have a lot to talk about some days.  Love them a lot!

Okay I am off of here cause I don't have much more to say about last week.  I watched quite a few Netflix movies while trying to collect a few more spoons to make it through the day.  I will try to post every week...

No comments: