Friday, February 4, 2011

Okienurse's Fibromyalgia Blog: February 3, 2011

Sorry it has been a couple days since I posted last but quite truthfully I haven't felt like posting much. I try to deny this crap alters my lifestyle but that is a lie to myself. Today was the first day I have been out of the house since last Saturday night and I probably wouldn't have gotten out today if my daughter hadn't come to pull me out of bed and make me go. I was a horrible night trying to sleep last night. I couldn't get comfortable any which way I turned and then in the early morning hours my husband rolled over and cuddled up against my back and I had such pain that I actually felt shocks in my toes and feet. My doctors appointment on Wednesday was canceled because of the blizzard on Tuesday so this will be something new to pass on to him. On to happier things...

The first stop today was a hair cut for me. I haven't had my hair cut since last November so needless to say I was starting to look a little like a shaggy dog. My stylist Carrie told me today that she also has been diagnosed with fibro. Carrie said that after she had her son almost all her symptoms disappeared and now she only has a mild flair up once in awhile. I wish!!! Her son is in 3rd grade so I hope her good luck continues with the decreased flare ups. I had an interesting thing happen when she was cutting my hair at my neckline. I actually had spears of pain go into my neck and back when she was cutting it. When she stopped it stopped but during the experience I almost went to tears. Thank God it didn't last long. There was a 30 minute wait to get my hair done so we walked over to Target (right next door) and bought some cat liter and made it back just in time to get my hair cut! Talk about time management.

Second stop was to eat some lunch at Johnny Carinos. I love the bread and yummy pasta there! Heather is vegan and sometimes it is hard to find food for her just anywhere but like she said usually there is no problem at a Mexican or Italian restaurant and both of us love those types of ethnic foods.

Next we went to Hobby Lobby to get some glue runners for me so I would have a supply to make my projects with. I wish I could afford to order it all from Stampin Up! but being off work without pay for so long has made me reconsider where my penny's get spent!

By this time I was starting to get a little tired so we went over to Heather's house to sit around and visit with her husband and a friend for a little while to rest up before she took me to Walmart to pick up a few essential groceries I needed then she brought me home. All in all I had a good day and didn't have to ride one of those damnable...only because I hate riding in them...electronic shopping carts. I made it through all the stores and Heather carried most of the stuff through the snow into the house for me. I love my baby girl and she certainly goes above and beyond to help me.

It has been a good day for me with just a mild flu type achiness in my back and chest wall but now I am hurting 6/10scale and I just took a Lortab 10mg after taking a Ibuprofen 800mg an hour ago. As soon as this kicks in I am going to bed and trying to sleep. I really feel worn out and beat down right now. That's the way of it though! Good days and Bad days. Today wasn't bad until now! More tomorrow!

Reading material for today!

I just read this article and thought I would add it to this post! I am also going to add it as a Facebook status! There is proof that we are really in pain!! As if we didn't know...right!!! A new paper* from the University of Michigan Health System (11/2006)says there is "overwhelming data" that the condition is real! This article cites MRI and electron Spect tomography showing a difference in patients with fibro pain and those without!

*University of Michigan Health System (2006, November 28). Pain From Fibromyalgia Is Real, Researchers Say. ScienceDaily.

No comments: