Monday, May 2, 2011

2 May, 2011

It has been an interesting couple of weeks for me. I had decided several months ago to taper off some medications and see if I could do without them! I can say now that it probably wasn't a good idea to go off my estrogen and synthyroid! I have been told I have turned into a super bitch the past month which I attribute to the lack of estrogen. I am so tired now that it is an issue getting out of bed and I sleep 12 hours or more a day. It has started warming up in Oklahoma but I am cold all the time. My husband complains that my hands and feet and even arms and buttocks feel like they have come out of a refrigerator! I think I am more depressed but with the crap I deal with from the chronic fatigue and the FM who knows. Some other symptoms are I am constipated, I hurt a lot more, my skin is dry and flaky, my nails are thinner and are peeling, and I had a weight gain of 5# last month. My hands and feet are swelling, my sister called me Chuck on the phone the other day cause my voice was rough. I had been on the Synthyroid since I was 10 years old and the estrogen since 1994 and why I thought I didn't need them I don't know.

I probably ought to step back and let the doctor diagnose and treat me but since the CFS and FM have started I will try anything to feel good again! I am tired of being tired all the time and I am tired of being sick and in pain all the time. I don't know what I did to deserve this and wish it would stabilize somehow!

I don't have a job anymore and can't pass the physical to get another one. As I wrote before that I was turned down by disability...I am appealing that decision...so like most everyone I know I am broke! I wasn't a good saver and didn't for see being disabled at 58 and not being able to continue working in some capacity. Okay enough of a whine! I think I will go take a nap!

1 comment:

Heather said...

You didn't do anything to "deserve" this, mom. Good people are plagued by the same disorders and illnesses as bad, saints die the same as sinners. :p

And you already know what I think about your tendency to adjust your medications willy nilly. You nurses are like freakin' schizophrenics who are doing better on their drugs, so they decide to stop taking them.