Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Day 5 Blogging Along with Effy

TODAY'S NUDGE: What is something you struggle with? What battles are you fighting that most people know nothing about? What's something about you or your life that makes you feel weird, or different, or isolated?

I struggle on almost a daily basis with who I am now compared to who I was 10 years ago.  Aging isn't the issue it is all the physical ailments that I have developed and they keep me from living up to what I remember I was and used to be!

I used to love to cook, sew, craft, do all sorts of things.  I like to travel but it can be a real hassle now since I have fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, and now my spinal fusion.  I just don't get around as well as what I want to and I miss it.  I have Celiac or a non-Celiac gluten intolerance.  I was told I was and I did research on the webs and found out what I should do for it and went on the diet.  Three weeks later when I had all the tests I was negative...doctor says he still thinks it is Celiac and to keep doing what I am doing.  Travel is not fun when you can't find something to eat!

I feel really weird trying to explain to people that I can't do this or that, can't eat this or that because at 207# it is obvious I don't miss too many meals.  I weighed 242# when this all started so I am doing better!  People tend to judge you based on what they see and I look healthy most of the time...I only go out when I am feeling good so you see they don't see me at my worse times.  

I am not suicidal but this next remark kinda sounds like it.  My sister has cancer and has been given a limited time because of the metastasis and like she said...sometimes it makes you wonder if the quality of life worsens would it be worth pursuing quantity any longer?  I have a long way to get there but I would want quality over a miserable quantity any day!  

I'm done.  More of my life tomorrow.  

No comments: