Wednesday, October 3, 2012

another day

Its another day and not much has changed in my world.  Chuck told me my post on my Okienurse Paper and Ink page was sad and he was sorry I felt so bad.  Now that makes me sad cause I didn't intend to whine and make people sorry they visited my blog!

I wish I knew what was going on and I have been in this funk for over 6 weeks and it doesn't seem to be letting up.  Now don't get me wrong I have good days and I have bad days but it seems like the bad days are far more frequent recently.  I guess it is time to give in and call the doctor and go in for a check up.  It has been almost a year and a half since I went in for a visit but I don't feel like pouring good money after bad when they can't seem to find a damn thing wrong with me except the CFS/ME and Fibromyalgia and the associated disorders! 

That is one of the main concerns of this disorder.  All the money going out searching for a cause, a reason for the pain and not feeling good.  I would imagine since 2008 I have literally spent thousands of dollars each year trying to find out what is going on in my body.  So far I know about as much as I did in 2008!!  This year so far I am over $8000 and I have only been to a gastroenterologist for GI issues.  We first thought I might have Celiac Syndrome, an autoimmune disorder caused by wheat...not an allergy but an actual autoimmune issue.  I had blood work, a upper and lower scope done and biopsies taken at the time.  Thank the powers that be that I have really good Blue Cross an Blue Shield insurance or I would definitely be up the creek financially! 

I have been doing a lot of reading on some new tests and diagnostic tools that are coming out but I am not jumping on the bandwagon for anything just yet after the debacle of the XMRV virus faux pax of last year.  I hope something is found in my lifetime that will help me and others but I don't have a lot of faith in the medical community right now...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you have been feeling worse more than you have been feeling better. Same here! I have also been considering going to the doctor, as a high temperature/nausea has been bugging me for a while. I expect he will say it is the Fibro/Hyper Mobility, as usual. Ali x

Anne said...

Hi Vickie thought I'd pop over here and see you as well. You were not whining but I am sorry you sre feeling so awful. Your post made me feel once again how fortunate we are in many ways here having NHS. I have had small op this year, have medication for various health issues and don't even pay for prescriptions now. Many people do moan about the NHS but I've been very fortunate in my experience. I was diagnosed with FM. Weekend before last went to stay with DS and left all medication at home. Got soe from my son's GP and my son got me some from hospital ( all above board) but I didn't get the Amitryptiline that I was prescrbed for FM. Still had some pain but just felt so much better in other ways - more alert. It may be that it's just a blip but I feel so much better at moment and don't want to go back to that feeling of not being quite with it etc. Am off to see GP to discuss fact that I stopped taking my meds and about what other pain relief might be available.
Do hope that you will soon start to feel better.
Sorry to go on - know where you are coming from. Anne x

James said...

Hi,
Will you please post a link to your Blog at The Fibromyalgia Community? Our members will appreciate it.
Members include: Those living Fibro, Family and Friends, Experts, Support Groups.
It's easy to do, just cut and paste the link and it automatically links back to your website. You can also add Articles, News, Photos and Videos if you like.
Email me if you need any help or would like me to do it for you.
Please feel free to share as often as you like.
The Fibromyalgia Community: http://www.vorts.com/fibromyalgia/
I hope you consider sharing with us.
Thank you,
James Kaufman, Editor