Thursday, March 17, 2011

Doctors visits

Went to see the Social Security Disability psychologist on Tuesday of this week here in Norman. I don't know that it was a necessary visit but it was a hoop that I have to jump through in order to get approved for disability! I think they were looking to see if I was a psychosomatic nut case and not really disabled. They sent me to visit with a PhD psychologist that told me all about his many degrees of which psychology wasn't his first. He was actually a PhD in Physics and worked for NASA before retiring and turning to psychology and getting a PhD in that! The guy was smart I will give him that but interpersonal skills were limited! He told me that he never hears the outcome of the cases so not to blame him but that he felt I was justified in filing for the disability. Now does that mean he will recommend they give it to me? I don't know!

Today I went to see a neurologist in Oklahoma City to see if he can figure out what is going on with my balance and gait. After sitting a waiting for a period of time the doctor himself showed me back to his office and did a minimal exam, told me that he did all of his office work himself and didn't believe in office nurses. Cheap huh! Three hours later I left the building wondering why I had even bothered to go to see him. His diagnosis was that I have some medical issue not neurological issue and that he wouldn't be able to do anything to help me! He told me that he would recommend that Dr. Merrill send me on to see a Rheumatologist because of the pain and balance issues. I did get some good news...I don't need back surgery like they told me 2 years ago cause my leg and foot pain couldn't be caused by my congenital defect and I don't have Parkinson's, brain cancer/tumor, organic brain deterioration, or MS! Nice!

Hummm.... I seem to be up shits creek this week batting 0-2 with the doctors I was dealt. I still hurt! I am still ignorant of what is causing all my problems. I guess I will have to give in and go along with the diagnosis of fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, restless leg, IBS etc. cause nothing seems to be wrong with me according to the lab tests, xrays, MRI, and cat scans. This is so frustrating to feel so bad and not know what is wrong! I am a black and white type of girl and I am not fitting into any box I know how to draw!

No comments: